LIVE IN WORKSHOPS
Jean taught fabric technology for twenty years. She is able to communicate well and 'grab' the opportunity to expand on ones skill and knowledge.
Having traveled widely through Central Asia she has lots of stories around textiles to share, treasure gathered on these journeys mean that she can show examples of technique and amazing ability of these cultures.
My teaching style is relaxed and focused on giving you the benefit of my experience as you find your own style.
• Introduction to Resist Dyeing Techniques using Procolour dyes.
• Demonstration of Shibori Techniques: Binding, Stitching, Pole wrapping, Folding/ pleating, Clamping
• Participants to sample each technique, after preparing samples.
• Participants spend time experimenting with the dyes. Using silk cloth provided it is important to discover what colour is
created when two dyes meet... essential before you start dyeing.
• Discussion, around the results of sampling.
• Preparation of silk scarf OR a length of unhemmed silk using technique and colours of participants choice.
• 3 sewing machines available for use.
Accommodation is in the C'barn - a self contained purpose built barn on site.
The C'barn overlooks the stunning Raglan coastline, providing a fantastic creative environment to learn and stay in.
Sleeps 5 individuals• 2 Bathrooms• Kitchenette• Large living area• Outdoor area. For further information and photos please click here.
Outstanding Raglan Roast coffee and copious cups of tea in the potager outside my studio add to the experience and ambience.
• $500 - per person (minimum of 3 people/ max 6 people).
• Includes tuition• sampling silk material• dyes
• Silk Tissue OR silk Paj hemmed scarf - 230 x 52cm or 2 metres silk paj fabric.
• 2 nights accommodation, including a simple meal on the first night
• Coffee/ tea
• Continental breakfast and lunch.
• Saturday night dinner at own expense: A pizza from Raglan Roast Food Department, Raglan West, Fish and Chips from
the wharf OR try many of the great cafes.
WORKSHOP DATES 2018
• 3rd, 4th and 5th August
• 5th, 6th and 7th October
Please email Jean@cbon.co.nz for details